As part of our sabbatical planning we’ve put together a checklist of everything we need to do before leaving. We want this blog to be a resource for others planning a similar experience, so in the interest of sharing we’ll include below what’s currently on our list:
- Set up appt with travel clinic- get immunizations
- Sell, donate, store or trash all non-essential stuff in the condo
- Make a packing list and see what we need to buy (electronics and personal clothing)
- Plan possible cruise in Mediterranean in September???
- List condo for rent
- Get medical and financial POA (power of attorney) written up
- Start looking at flights for first/second leg of trip
- Visas for specific countries that require them
- Rent out condo
- Check into COBRA for medical insurance in the US
- Get travelers health insurance/evacuation insurance for abroad
- Safety deposit box for valuables
- Reduce car insurance or cancel
- Reduce home owners insurance to only cover furniture and fixtures
- Forward mail to office/parents’ house (we’ll get an email every Monday with a summary of mail contents)
- Move out of condo
- Get all prescriptions filled (90 days worth preferred)
- Cell phones (international plan…)
- Get Lauren’s car serviced and hit the road!
Are we leaving anything out???